View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Back when computer monitors were VGA (640 x 480 px) sans serif was the best kind of fonts for reading on a screen. Most website designer understood that and specified sans serif fonts back in the day. But now that we have very high resolution screens I prefer serif fonts. They just look more like what we grew up reading in printed books. If Amazon had any sense, and apparently their Kindle designers are common sense challenged, they would have included at least one heavier serif font on the PW2.
I want Futura on the HDX! I mean they gave us all other PW fonts why not Futura? The other fonts with the exception of Lucida are too light on the HDX. The three heaviest are Caecilia, Helvetica and Lucida. All have that squished look to the though.

I prefer the old font from first Fire. Trebuchet I have been embedding it into my books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-01 18.18.24.png
Views:	193
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	114459  
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote