View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8abug View Post
Hi,

I am interested in setting up a library for technical books at work. I would like to be able to buy ebooks and then have them available in my office for users to check in/check out. It should be just like physical books (so once a book is checked out, it is not available to other users).

1) Is this legal?
2)Is this possible with Calibre?

Thanks
Welcome to MR

1) books with DRM can only be read on registered devices (there is a limited count). Removing the DRM is questionable in many countries. Having multiple uncontrolled copies is almost always illegal.

Get a bunch of registered readers, and lend one of the ones that the book works with (careful account<->book assignment planning needed if 4 or more be needed)

2) Calibre does not have a check in-out option.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote