View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #11
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Steve, the thing that amazes me is how much of the same stuff you and I have on our shelves... or at least have watched. We started our video collection because we couldn't find anime here in the US, and even now that it's more widely available, we still don't see much of the stuff we like on cable or in video rental stores. (Sometimes we don't see it for sale in English at all, which is why we have so much anime in Japanese and Chinese on our shelves. But that's another story.) A subscription service might or might not carry any of the content we're interested in at our house. That's why I'd just as soon keep copies of what we watch. The industry keeps trying to come up with technical means of keeping us from doing that, but all these methods are doomed to failure. I don't know if the industry will ever wise up, but I've started to care less and less.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote