View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I recall early on in the K1 days, there was a question like this and the answer was that you'd just get two copies when you turned your Kindle on. Thre was quite a bit of griping from the Kindle owners in places like Montana, where Whispernet does not reach. I do believe that there was a fix on one of the firmware updates that made it so that the book doesn't download if it's already there.

Another fix (not helpful in this exact situation) is to buy books and send them to your computer, rather than the Kindle, at which point it is not marked "pending" and you wouldn't have to worry about it.

This was before "Kindle PC," so ALL my books were sent (and continue to be sent) to my computer for transfer to my Kindle 2 by USB.

Now that I have "Kindle PC" loaded onto my computer, I still choose to have titles sent to my computer. Interestingly, only about 10 titles are showing "Pending," whereas the other 40-50 books I've bought do not show this.

I'm in Peru, remember.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-21-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote