View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
[QUOTE=scotty1024]My own thoughts are that the screen is grey to speed up screen refresh and save power.

To go from white to black you have to move all the ink capsules. Max time, max power (the ink capsules are migrated by electrons, the more you move, the more electrons you need.)

To go from grey to black or from grey to white you need to move half the ink capsules.

QUOTE]

As one who frequently works with color, I have a hunch about this. This is typical of light physics. Have you ever tried to put white paint over black sealer? Its looks bloody gray and you see every overlays.

My solution would be to thicken the screen by augmentating the size of the pigment cells, having the drawback of reducing resolution.

I think that E-Ink did the best they could do with what they had. A perfectly opaque white is impossible to find.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote