View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #312
MetDeFiets
MetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As it stands, the plugin is pretty worthless given that it doesn't even bother to try to find the correct ISBN where there are multiple ones listed.
I have really a lot of books, and unlike mbovenka I would even rate it less then 10, maybe about 2% of the books which have ISBN for different books inside. So what, if it grebs the ebook, the printed version or the pocket book ISBN - what do you need the ISBN for? Usually for grebbing more information about the book (Title, Author etc.). And for that it's quite the same WHICH of those ISBN you greb.

For those cases, where the book includes promotion for other books: Yeah, that's bad. But since the book is often enough not titled well in Calibre (or not the right book title) and the Book commercial within other books are not in a certain format (it's not listed in the text in a regular form like "Title of the Book" - ISBN:0815 ; "Title of another Book" - ISBN:4711 etc.) - it would be a kind of crazy to impossible to find a solution for all those different formats.

Anyway, it's a FREE add-on and I'm really thankfull for it. But it's definitely NOT a perfect solution for ANY possible case. When it helps me in 95 % of the books, I save a lot of time. For the restly 5 %, the author would have to spend lots and lots and lots of hours of his free time. I do not expect him to do so for my lazyness.

So if you think the add-on is useless, why don't you uninstall it and write a better solution? Just criticising is easy
MetDeFiets is offline   Reply With Quote