Thread: 6 of One...
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
6 of One...

Dear Diary:

Today, I quit my job, for reasons very personal which I will not discuss. I laid it out to the boss, too... pounded on his desk and everything. Stormed out before he could say a word.

So I drove home. I was so frustrated, I knew I needed to get away. The other day I was just looking at a trip to Wales, just some peace and quiet. That's what I needed now, to forget that awful job. This awful city. That awful hearse I just passed, so symbolic of the crazy world I'm in. So when I got home, I pulled out a suitcase, and started to pack.

But...

I don't know if I stood up too fast, or had too light a breakfast, not enough sleep, or what... because all of a sudden, I got dizzy. I tried to get to the window, to get some air, but before I could open the sash, I just passed out.

When I awoke, I noticed the lighting in my room was... off. I thought maybe a storm was coming, the way clouds will sometimes give off strange light. So I went to the window to see what was up.

Here's where it gets weird: It was not my street outside. Nothing outside looked familiar! It was like someone had moved my house, lock, stock and barrel, to some odd-looking... English village. Actually, it looked a bit like the pictures of Wales in my travel brochure. Was I already on my vacation, and then fallen asleep and somehow forgotten the trip itself?

No... I looked around inside the window. This was my room! This was my house! WTF?!?

I decided to look around outside. The front door didn't wait for me to reach it, it actually opened for me. Even more weirded-out than before, I went out. No, this couldn't be Wales... it was a strange place, looking like a Disneyland set. Where was I? How did I get here?

What was going on?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote