View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #13
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There are reports that the service pack has problems on machines with certain types of AMD processor, going into an endless cycle of reboots following installation of the service pack. If you have a machine with an AMD processor it might be as well to wait for resolution of this issue. If appears to be OK on machine with Intel processors.
I have an Intel processor in a custom built machine. 4 gig RAM and plenty of room on the hard drive. All critical updates were installed. My anti-virus was disabled during the update attempt. I was running (I forgot about it) a utility called Winpatrol that monitors all attempts to add items to the registry and starup folder. This may have been the problem. If I get brave - or stupid - I may attempt to install SP3 again. My machine has been running fine since the failed upgrade attempt.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote