View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
This is what I love about mobileread - everyone has a different experience and can talk about it without people throwing a hissy fit (for the most part, lol!)

I hope you have a MUCH better time with your Kobo than I have, uboot. I'm hoping they worked out their kinks with the newer models.

I LOVED my Kobo for about 6 months, then it started wigging out on me to the point where I stopped using it for 4 months. The frequent updates frustrate me as does the inability to choose which update I want - I MUST take the latest and greatest from Kobo, not reinstall the one that worked best for me. I know Apple does that, but some of Kobo's updates don't work for everyone.

That's the primary reason the Sony appeals to me. I have a friend who's had his for 32 months, never installing the Sony software on his computer or installing any firmware updates. The only 2 problems he has EVER had were one time it hung after ejecting from the computer and recently the page turns lagged so he rebooted and it was fixed. With the Kobo, the paperclip is my best friend.

Basically, I want a stable device that lets me sideload epubs so I can read them. Shelves are nice, adding my own fonts is nice but I don't NEED any of those things. Even dictionaries and translation dictionaries aren't necessary, I just want a low bug, stable device that allows me to read my books.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote