View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #44
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Library listing for RTF doesn't show the author, even if it's part of the RTF. RTFs don't have paragraph indents; this is BAD. I don't want to have to insert tabs or 5 spaces in front of the paragraph text.
RTFs don't have usuable metadata so no way to specify the author. RTFs don't have paragraph indents? Neither do epubs, PDFs. DOCs or any other format unless you specify one. Open your RTF in your favourite editor and change the EOL to EOL<tab> for a quick and dirty answer.

Quote:
Navigation from inside a book back to the list of books is very clunky. It seems to require going back to the beginning of the library and shows 5 per page. I don't see a way to sort by date; it looks like this'd be useless with a library of over 50 books, much less 500. (Maybe there's collection options built into the software that I'm not using.)
Did you check the Recently Read sort option? After your recent reads, it will show the rest of your library by added date.

Quote:
It'll sort by filetype or file size. Good? I guess? I like that it shows the percentage read in the library list, and the doct ype; I don't like how much space the listings take. (Is there a way to shut off covers so more books will fit on a page? I'm mostly reading fanfic from <a href="http://archiveofourown.org">AO3</a>; there are no covers.)
As far as a Kobo ereader is concerned, the first page of the book is the cover. The most books I can see in the library is by using the cover view which shows only the covers which is rather useless for you. Otherwise, using the hide covers item doesn't recover any space.

As for the ghosting, that is, unfortunately, inherent in eInk displays. You can set the page refresh lower to see if that helps. Often, if you have a dark graphic on the page, it will show noticeably on the next page. See settings/reading settings/page refresh.

You might want to look into Calibre for managing your collection. It will allow you to create shelves with a lot less effort than on the ereader itself.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote