View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post
I generally give them a series number anyway, sorted by their publication date because that's usually the order in which you want to read them.
I've yet to hear a convincing argument why I would want to read books in publication order. If the books are tied together closely enough to make the order in which I read them matter at all then I want to read them in the internal order which may or may not match the publication order. And if they aren't tied that closely together then it seems a matter of supreme indifference to me what order I do read them in. At least it seems that way until somebody gives me a convincing reason otherwise.

BTW I read for enjoyment, not as a critic. I really don't care about how the author 'develops' as a writer. Either I enjoy their work, or I don't.

(Not sure what just happened but my screen jumped & now the text looks larger. If this posts with oversized text, sorry.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote