View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Like others here, I like to have the ability to go back and reread books whenever I feel the need. When I buy a paperback, it is mine until I decide to give it away. With DRMed ebooks, there is a very real possibility that the download format or even the online Bookseller where I purchased the book may no longer be available for future downloads. Devices, operating systems, and software become obsolete or are no longer supported. Stores, even online, go out of business or the publishers/servers discontinue their alliances. As Apple and the music industry have found out, DRM does not really do what the publishing companies hoped it would accomplish.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote