View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #70
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
I seem to be missing something. I can't seem to get it to install in my new Kindle 3 (ver 3.0.2 (553210206)). Here's what I tried:

Downloaded lpad-pkg.tar.gz and launchpad.tar.gz to my Debian Linux box.

opened lpad-pkg.tar.gz and copied lpad-pkg/update_launchpad_0.0.1a_k3w_install.bin to the root of the kindle ( on my machine it's /media/kindle/ )

On the Kindle, I go to home->menu->settings->menu->update your kindle, select it, select OK and the update progress bar proceeds to about 15 - 20% and then "update failed" and it reboots.

Am I supposed to do something with launchpad.tar.gz as well?

What am I missing?
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote