View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #27
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
My limited understanding (I don't know much about UK law) is that 'fair dealing' did not cover ripping CDs. Most of the links on a quick google search seem to indicate that ripping CDs is illegal in the UK.
Wikipedia seems to think it's illegal. The BBC article that I found called it "technically copyright infringement" in 2007. Everyone openly does it - including the sale of equipment based on making and playing digital copies. Perhaps it's like recording TV onto VHS, which was technically illegal for some time IIRC.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote