View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well I've only been a member for nearly two of the ten years, after receiving my Kindle for Christmas 2010, but I can safely say that MR is the first place I come to after checking emails every morning. It has become embedded in my way of life.

Very difficult to choose a single favourite - I really enjoy the Writers' Corner, lurking for tips and contributing if I can; The What's In Your Cup thread in the Lounge is a great place to drop in for a chat; and the General Discussions forum is always good for a browse when all my subscribed threads have gone quiet.

But I guess my overall fave has to be the Reading Recommendations forum, which has guided me to books and authors I would never have considered reading otherwise (my current Chelsea Cain kick in one such case in point - thank you poohbear_nc). How to improve on this forum ? That's a difficult call. You could potentially add sub-forums to cater for genres, but this could be a mistake, as I would never have read some of the fantasy or YA books that I have done over the past two years, as I wouldn't have looked into these sub-forums. Perhaps some form of notification system that automatically prompts you if a certain author is being posted about, or a new reading challenge thread is opened? I have missed a couple of challenges because I have not checked the new posts quickly enough.

But fundamentally I'm extremely happy with the way the site functions, and hope to stay for a very long time...