View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #24766
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
It has come around so quickly. What will happen if you haven't sold before it's time to go? Do you leave it in the hands of your agent?
Sure. The agent can handle everything. There really is no rush to sell it. The last time we moved to Thailand, we didn't even bother to sell it, just rented it out with option to buy. But we figure this will be 'the last move.' No need to keep the condo in Japan. If in fact we do move again, it would be to Bali or some other island in the western south Pacific. Perhaps Palau? It's the world's #1 dive location. (Well, tied for #1 with the Red Sea.) Somewhere where the water is warm, the coral reefs still full of fish, and life is laid back. There's enough money in the bank to cover us if we're careful, money still comes in from my writing and photography and my wife's stock market trading (I don't know HOW the hell she does it... drips and drabs but it adds up quickly,) that we don't 'need' the money from the condo sale. That would just give us some extra 'play money.' We've been talking about another summer spent motorcycle touring in the Alps and southern Europe... Who knows?

We've been virtually 'giving away' the contents of the condo, selling the washer/dryer for $50, the fridge for $50, etc. just to be sure to get them out of the house before we move. We actually did give away the sofa and the dinning room table and chairs! Everything was bought new just a few years ago, and should sell for a few hundred, but we just want it out... now! But we sold everything with the proviso that people not pick them up until a few days before we leave, so we can live comfortably for the rest of the month. We'll stay in a hotel for the final two days. Things really ARE moving quickly... but there is always time for more tea! I'm on my third mug already and it's just 10am! And... the doorbell should ring any minute now with the agent and prospective buyers....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote