Thread: Gmail new look?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #29
Birds
JSenGupta
Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Birds can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
So I upgraded my Gmail at home over the weekend, and it was fine, then I came back to work and I still have the new verision -- except that it really doesn't work in my old version of IE.

I don't see an option to change it back, so I guess I'm stuck and I won't be able to monitor my email at work anymore. I'm not missing much, but it was nice to be able to do that because otherwise it gets bogged down really quickly. (I'm on a lot of lists for sales and coupons. I weed them out regularly, and unsubscribe from ones that are no longer useful for me, but I still get a bunch every day.)

Other than that, I find it to be ... okay. I don't like that I can't see all of my labels anymore, and that's really the only new feature that I'm going to have trouble adjusting to. I don't see what the benefit is to having larger spaces in the listings themselves, except that I can't see as much on the screen, but it's not something I can't live with.
Hi.

After I switched over I could not see the option to change in back either. After logging in a couple of times the button on the lower right mysteriously appeared again and then I could switch back.

I really miss the faint dark lines that separated message titles in the folders. It's less comfortable to scan down while reading. I also have the impression that something has changed in the boldness or contrast of the text which makes messages more wearing to read.
Birds is offline   Reply With Quote