View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdone View Post
Thanks for this tip!

My Reader is failing to charge from USB and the power adapter I got with my Reader is American, of course, so I can't use it here in the UK.
It has an American plug on it, to be sure, but the charger itself is a universal one - read the "small print" on it and you'll see. The power cable is a standard "figure 8" one so you can replace it with one with a UK plug on it very easily - I'm sure you must have something in the house with a figure-8 type power cable?

Quote:
I've ordered one of these 2in1 cables, let's hope it works.
It will work, but I'm sure that you don't really need one. I only bought mine as a spare, so that I could have a charger at work as well as at home.

BTW - are you sure it's not recharging via USB? Is the red light above the power switch not coming on? You need to charge via USB on a machine with the "Connect" software installed - it won't charge from a "dumb" USB power supply. The only circumstance in which it will fail to charge via USB is if you let the battery get completely flat.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote