View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni View Post
Hi, I like very much this addon, and I will install it soon.
I'm not a linux expert, anyway it seems that the script hides books by moving them to an hidden folder. Is it safe to move files back and forward each time or is it asking for trouble?
I was wondering if this could be done more safely by:
- creating and erasing soft links to the book files (hidden)
- renaming files (modifying extension etc)
- changing attributes (no read) or chowning them

thanks
I don't know if it's trouble or not. Unfortunately your suggestions are not applicable. The books are stored on FAT filesystem so you can't use links there. Neither can you change the permission because they're not supported by FAT. And as for modifying the extension ... I don't see how it's different from moving it into different directory.
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote