Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 01:38 AM   #232
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I just tried the koreader standby for the fist time. I think it does on my Touch what is the expected behaviour. A little info screen say "Standby" and the device gets unresponsive to touches. After shortly sliding the power slider, the info screen disappears and the device responds to touch again.
As you describe it it works for me too (when started through Start Menu). Even with sleep cover.
The behaviour that Hawhill described is what I get when I start Koreader through Nickel.

I tried to read with Koreader for a while this morning.
It still crashes even through Nickel, although not as soon as through start menu.
With start menu it crashes at the first 1-2 minute break. With Nickel it crashes "after a while". I don't think I could read at any point more than 10 minuts in a row. That was definitely different yesterday (with the old start menu and the Koreader nighty from the day before too, so both did change).
I think I open a ticket at github for koreader too since the crashes also happen when start menu is not involved.

UPDATE:
Well...

Before I started to open a ticket I wanted to give again the latest nighty Koreader build a try (June 11).
And guess what... With this one everything works. No crashes so far (not even started through start menu).
Started from nickel I can even go back to nickel, although screensaver does not work that way.
Right now it is perfect, I can finally read again. And again, no idea why!

Last edited by WS64; 06-11-2014 at 04:04 AM.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote