View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #169
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Illusions versus halucinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Of course you can. I've just spent a couple of weeks listening to people like sirmaru use this 'perception' verbiage, or outright tell us that we're all too picky/too demanding/too unrealistic/[unspoken: 'crazy'] when the freaking screens are PINK AND GREEN. I've always been a huge Amazon cheerleader and the amount of money I've given them over the years, both personally and professionally, is staggering. I'm not in this just to complain about some trivial issue online because I'm bored. I really wanted the item they advertised, and I keep hoping I'll eventually get one.
I never said that anyone had halucinations if they saw color blobs. Halucinations can only be seen by a single person and are definitely in one's mind.

In contrast, illusions can be seen exactly the same by large groups and can even be photographed. They are caused by distortions of light common in desert areas and large snow and ice areas. The flying saucer detections were samples of illusions. Many folks even published photos of the flying saucers.

Illusions can be seen in photos and halucinations cannot.

Many of us see those light distortions as faint color areas. Others see them as disturbing, bright color blobs.

In addition, since most Americans have one sort of eye disorder or another, that group may see things quite differently than those with perfect vision.

Also, all of us have different tolerance levels. What may be a barely visible color shade for me may be a disturbing, dark color blob for another.

What is odd with the Paperwhite is that these problems are occurring for a large group. They never occurred in the Kindle Keyboard 3 WiFi. However, it should be noted that many of us had shorting problems with the Kindle Kbd 3 for several months and others did not have that problem.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-16-2012 at 09:09 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote