View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
well the Cost of big screen readers will go down.

<12" Laptops, Used to cost upwards of 1500 Bucks before ASUS released the EEE for $400. and in 1 and a half years, the entire Industry has created Netbooks for less thank $500 bucks.

Now, Ereaders Wont have the same adoption rates as laptops do, but i can imagine in years to come ereaders coming down in price, and up in power.

When an Ereader is a Giant Ipod Touch, i think adoptions will soar, people want a device like the Pads in Star Trek.

as the Tech Advances, more and more people will adopt.

The Current Readers are rather lacking in functionality that would make the person who doesnt buy books adopt it.

For example
I bought an Ipod touch for the games and programs, I rarely listen to music.

When someone can say something like that for an Ereader, Thats when adoption rates will soar. I think in 15 years time everyone will have one, Even those who dont read for pleasure
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote