View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 02:09 AM   #5
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Iliad

Definitely the Iliad, for one main reason, and several smaller ones: screen size. I have been waiting for years now for a book-sized screen, not smaller, not larger. I might be quirky, but I think a standard paperback is the ideal size for comfy eye travel (both across and down). I copied the Sony Reader's and Iliad's size onto an A4 paper and it was clear to see: the Reader is still too small.

The fact that the Iliad has a Wacom-type touch screen is great, too, although I won't be using it much other than for "just a second while I scribble your phone number down", but my husband will probably be doodling his icon designs on it. If my area's newspaper becomes e-suscribable, count me on for that too. And I have too many txt and html files to start converting the lot to some other format, it's time-consuming enough as it is, too make sure they're xhtml and not just standard html, but if the Reader's screen size had been "decent" (IMO), I might well have bought it for cheapness sake.

The fact that the Iliad is so expensive IS a hiccup in the decision process, but the other readers just don't provide what I want, so I'll be forking out my euros, with any luck, in a week or so.

Ela.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote