View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Agreed. Samsung dropped the ball with the qHD, they seem to be a bit too conservative of late. HTC is coming out with a One mini sporting a 720p screen, 720p should have tickled down to the mid-tier by now.
AMOLED has always trailed behind on density, often by matching the specs but using pentile so the specs are a lie. Though I'm not blown away, I don't really think Samsung dropped the ball (especially if they nail the price) as density is within spitting distance of the Note 2, which itself is reported to slightly sharper than the pentile S3.

As it is, I'd rather have s stripe qHD AMOLED than 720p LCD, but I do wish Samsung had gone a little wild and added not just 720p pentile, but the 720p s stripe adapted from the Note 2 display.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote