View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
You might want to use the -mno-cygwin flag for getting it to compile. MinGW is just a ~12Mb download, so I'd recommend you download it anyway -- no dependency on cygwin1.dll.
Thanks for the heads up! It will be the next install on my list. I really hate having to also use that cygwin1.dll.
Quote:
Also, I do hope you noticed that the compiled EXE is in the archive anyway so you don't need to compile it again :-)
First thing I did after unzipping your file was to rename your executable so that I could get it compiled. It was almost a knee-jerk reaction since I've done this a thousand times before; download someone else's code and compile it! I still haven't used your .exe because I'm too busy solving my (unimportant) compile problem. Boy do I have my priorites all screwed up!
Quote:

I plan to work on PDFRead in the next few weeks, and one of the first things I will do is use this instead of directly using COM from Python -- which should reduce the installation size quite a bit.
Great News! Will you host it on SourceForge as I think the DEV HUB here doesn't allow co-developers (hint-hint) as suggested by DaleDe.
Quote:
I think you can take a similiar approach for the html2mobi which is done in Perl, I think...
I think I'll wait for you to "pioneer" that method, and then I will follow (copy) with something similar in Mobi2IMP!

We (actually Ret) just got the EBW1150 proxy browser working (check here) so I hope this will aid in your proxy browser/librarian effort!

We may need a "Developer's Corner" sub-forum in the Fictionwise forum now...

Thanks for all your help keeping the .imp format alive!!!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote