View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #111
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmmm View Post
Another thing that surprised me, I copied all my books from the Color to the Touch but run out of room before finishing. That astonished me. Why doesn't the Touch have the same amount of memory.
They're quite different devices. The Color is effectively a tablet, on which one might want to store movies, music, games and other files that take up much, much more space than ebooks. It only makes sense that it would have more storage right out of the box than a device that can only handle ebooks and some pictures.

I don't know when you got your Nook Color, but both devices now dedicate most of their storage to B&N store purchases. Up until about six weeks ago, Nook Colors shipped with 5GB available for sideloaded content AND B&N-purchased books and magazines, and less than 1GB for B&N-purchased apps. Now, they ship with 5GB for B&N-purchased books, magazines, AND apps, and less than 1GB for sideloaded content. About 2GB is devoted to system files and recovery/factory reset data, for 8GB total storage.

The Nook Touch only has 2GB total storage, devoting 1GB to system/recovery, about 750MB to B&N purchases, and only about 250MB for sideloaded content. If any of the books on your NC were B&N purchases, you would be better off re-downloading them from your B&N account to the Touch than moving the files from your NC to the Touch.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote