View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
La Coccinelle
Connoisseur
La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo (original)
Repeating passages in pre-loaded books?

I hadn't yet had a chance to read any of the 100 books that came pre-loaded on my Kobo. Last night, I tried to read Pride and Prejudice. I was reading along, and all of a sudden I got deja vu. A passage that I'd already read had popped up again. The page numbers didn't reflect this at all, so I hadn't skipped backwards or anything; the passage just seemed to be duplicated. I looked ahead a bit, and found this problem again and again.

Thinking it was just that book, I tried reading The Princess and the Goblin. Same issue. The same passage that's on page 1 repeats itself at around page 3.

Is my database of pre-loaded books somehow borked? Or is this a known issue with these books? As it is, they're not readable. How do I fix this, if it is indeed a problem with my Kobo?

La Coccinelle is offline   Reply With Quote