View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 01:23 AM   #54
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
... You can get a sense of what is happening with ereaders just by looking at how many people are reading the various forums here at any time. You will see something like Kindle, 250 people; Kobo, 125 people, Sony 30 people. Sony and Nook used to have the biggest share after Kindle. No more. Very sad.

As for batteries, I thought Li-ion would self-discharge over time and, after more than six months, could get to a low-charge state where you need a special charger just to get them going again. Dunno. Maybe the technology has improved. I know these are not like eneloop Ni-MH batteries, which you can fully charge, store for 3-5 years, and still have 75% of charge remaining.

Hey, if I knew the Sony battery would be OK, I would consider getting a second T3 to keep in the box for future use. After all, it may be the last Reader from Sony.
batteries: I have a spare prs-650 which had been in storage for 2 maybe 3 years. I took it out a few days ago & charged it, in order to compare battery life with the one I'd used daily; I simply plugged it into a wall charger & it charged up fine + battery seems good as new. hoping to sell it to help fund the T3 but I suspect no takers.

forum numbers: ( looking for a silver lining) it could be that number of readers ~= number of bugs
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote