View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #7
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Anyways I am studying how stories were written long time ago where they put the climax of the conflict/action/etc near the MIDDLE of the book.
How far back are you going? Could you give examples of this please. I'd say they might have the climactic scene about 7/8s in and spend too long making sure everybody was properly dealt with, but half? Hmm.

I wouldn't use old books as an example, unless you're writing pastiche. Modern readers wouldn't put up with the exposition and reliance on telling over showing the story. IMO.

EDIT: Actually I've changed my mind completely about this in the last thirty seconds. I'm now going to write a book where the heroine successfully drives Lucifer back from Hell, fights off the alien invasion and frees the President from the terrorists in the first chapter (by cleverly playing one group against the other... genius, I know...) then spends the rest of the book working her way through Beauty College. I am so onto a winner here.

Last edited by dadioflex; 10-07-2011 at 06:10 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote