View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #49
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
Interesting, we have people who say lcd doesn't bother them and people who do. It looks though that majority of people in lcd hating crowd are spending more time at the screen. I am spending 8 hours at work looking at backlit screen, there is no way I will read from LCD for pleasure, that will kill my eyes.
So please don't say LCD screens are fine if you don't see the problem, by spending 2 hours a day with them. They don't bother you -- that's accurate.
And yeah MD, PHD means very little without the study materials that you can examine and see if it's even publishable by academic standards and even then there will be another study coming out disproving the first one.
These MD might be orthopedics for all we know.
That's a big assumption. I spend more than 8 hours on my PC or laptop on the average day between working long ours, goofing on the net etc., and I hate reading on them when I'm not working.

But I have no problem reading on a PDA or my girlfriend's new iPad or most other small LCD screen devices. As I said in the post above, I hate reading on PC/laptops as the form factor sucks. You just can't get your eyes the right distance from the screen, can't curl up in bed with it, or on the couch etc.

But I can do that fine on the iPad etc., and don't have issues with reading on those lcd screens. With the caveat that I seldom ever read for more than an hour or two at once (or even in a day).

I love my Kindle, but I'll probably eventually ditch it for an iPad or another tablet of my own as it fits more of my needs and I like the reading experience with the much faster page turns etc.

Not saying anyone who loves e-ink should switch etc. It's great that we have different screen options so everyone can find what they like best.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote