View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
[QUOTE=EricLandes;785951It has an embedded font. First one I've run across. (I've only had my Kindle a month...) I tried to convert it to figure out how it's done, but the file is in Topaz format and Calibre can't handle that.[/QUOTE]

Topaz format doesn't so much have an embedded font, as a collection of glyphs and instructions on how to position them on each page. It also has an OCRed version of the text for searching.

There are now tools to convert Topaz to SVG files (from the glyphs and positions) and also to XHTML files (from the OCRed text).

I don't think anyone has any tools to create Topaz files except Amazon.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote