View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #12
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
HOWEVER - something I find very irritating is misleading author information, like JAMES PATTERSON'S <whatever> written by a team of unknowns or ruddy Victoria Andrew's books, written from beyond the grave (and some might argue, beyond the pale). This goes beyond mimicry (acceptable, imo) to an outright intent to deceive.
I tend to agree, my 8 year old god daughter, was excited to find that Enid Blyton had written 3 more books in the Mallory Towers series in addition the the 6 actual Mallory Towers Enid Blytons she owned, no where on the cover of the books did it say that they had been written by someone else, and it was only on the copyright page that it mentioned a different author.

Maybe this Author is just as good at writing as Enid Blyton, if so why not get her own career instead tricking people into buying her books.

If the publishers feel a need to continue with a particular story once the Author is dead they should be at least up front about it, and have both Authors name on the cover in large letters.
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote