View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
So how does this improve on simply running a book through calibre's epub to epub conversion - At 1st glance that already seems to do almost all of what you specified ?

why reinvent the wheel ?
Even if the conversion provides a lot of options, you have little control over what calibre actually does under the hood. In my experience converting epub -> epub almost always has unintended consequences and is not .

More importantly, the intention is to add functionality for simplifying handling css classes in a "style-like" way to Sigil, as it would make it more useful as an epub editor IMO. Other tools like calibre, Dreamweaver or even a custom-made script can probably also do these transformations in a "proper" DOM-based manner, but being able to to them in Sigil would simplify that workflow and hopefully be useful to a lot of people, not only me

My proposal is also just an idea, maybe a generalised interface to manipulate the DOM would be more flexible and useful in the general case, but I have no idea how it could/should be implemented.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote