View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #10
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, it's generally only devices associated with a bookstore that do.
The Bookeen came from Thalia (German media chain) and their store is installed on the device (they sell it as the reader for the store). It didn't ask me to register, though, and I could even browse the store without having to log in.

From previous threads I recall that unless you buy the device directly from Bookeen, it seems to be always linked to a regional store. I've been able to do anything with it without it wanting to be registered or asking personal information: sideloading, adding books via MicroSD, wifi to check for firmware updates. Definitely happy with how independent the device works. The only time I notice that it has a store installed is when I'm in the main menu and there's an option to visit it.

The only thing it asked for is the WEP key for the router, but even setting up wifi was optional and it didn't prompt for it until I went to turn it on manually.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote