View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
In my case, I "print" to a PDF so I can keep a list of my book titles, organized aphabetically by author last name, on my JBL. I still buy DT books since many of the books I want are cheaper in DT form (especially used) than e-book and/or the e-books are not availabe or are DRM infested. I like to have the list handy in my purse to make sure I do not buy duplicate books (it's happened) when shopping.
That is my concern for the printing/exporting thing, but in my case as a kindle user I have a hard time scrolling through a long catalog on it. Maybe if I switch to a different device I won't have this problem hence won't need to print a pretty table of author, title, series easily. Which really isn't a problem now because I did a macro script to print. So the issue for me personally is academic. But it's the principle of the thing. I use an app (especially as a Mac user, sorry) and I expect it to do certain things because Apple spoiled me into expecting that. So if I can't easily print the pretty gui display I see, then it mildly annoys me. It's not calibre's fault, or its developers fault, it's Apple's fault for coddling me and my fault for allowing myself to be coddled for so long.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote