View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #259
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
DaleDe,

I understand your point. But it is impossible to satisfy everyone. Getting the balance right between "over-explaining" and "under-explaining" is not easy. Most authors are not power users like you. And not everyone is patient enough to watch entire video without pressing "fast forward". This is why redundancy might not be so bad.

By the way, below is a recent comment on the video from one writer:
yes, I agree with balance. I think users are less likely to press fast forward on short videos than on long ones that start repeating themselves. Of course there is always rewind

I would agree with the author who liked the fact you did not leave out steps. I totally agree. I hate it when there are a bunch of missing steps that are assumed to be known, however that is not the same as repeating the same steps over and over is it. Anyway, the video introduced an interesting way to achieve a needed function.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote