View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #28
blogbook
Groupie
blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blogbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, KF HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Can I use an amazon.com giftcard (dollars) as a form of purchase on amazon.fr or .de, then? It sounds like this is what some of you have tried!
Also, I was wondering if I can gift a book bought in the US store to a non-US Kindle account. Has any of you tried this yet?

Joehunt, when you log in to a European amazon site with your US amazon login, it won't even show you the price for MP3s and ebooks, nor can you add any to our cart. You instead see a message that this type of content is not available in your country, and that you should visit amazon.com.
No. If you buy a giftcard at amazon.com, fr or de you can only redeem it in the same country you bought it.

But amazon concludes (or has done so in the past) that the adress of your credit card is your "real" adress and therefore geographic restrictions might (may?) apply: If a book is restricted to the US, you cannot pay with a credit card that is registered in the UK. But if you use a giftcard for payment, this adress check fails.
blogbook is offline   Reply With Quote