View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I am waiting to see how nice the convertible netbooks are because, for me, they offer more value. And while they might be a bit heavier, they are no less bulky since one should really have a cover of some sort on any of the eink based readers. Plus you can run almost any app you might want...mostly, like reader software, crossword puzzle software and basic word processing and email...all for under or near $500. It will be interesting...

The biggest con for a netbook is the fact they will pretty much stink outdoors since they are using standard LCD type displays (usually glossy which is even worse) not some form of transreflective display.

I am also waiting to see what comes up the end of this year with the plastic based displays instead of glass eink.

But right now if there was a known good netbook convertible to be had, I would need to talk myself out of buying one.

I wonder if netbooks are one reason for the rumor of the Kindlebooks on everything sorta stuff going on...the writing would seem to be on the wall that netbooks will eventually be the dominant device. Especially once color flexible eink is mainstream in a couple years.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote