View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by simogere View Post
Ok, I know, but I should do this way for for all my 1000 ebooks... 1000 times! It would be useful to do this "cover extraction" for all the ebooks only one time.
Calibre can get metadata from inside files, from filenames, or from opf files. You've got good cover metadata inside, but the rest of the internal metadata is bad. If there's a button to get the good cover from inside, should there also be a button to get good titles, but ignore author? Or one for getting good publisher info, but ignoring ... You see the problem?

In fact, there is an option like this on the ToDo list to pick and choose the metadata being imported, but Calibre is volunteer supported, so it gets done when someone has the time and inclination to do it.

I'm pretty sure you can actually do what you want to do using existing Calibre command line tools, but you'll have to write a lot of batch files and play around to get it done.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote