View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
I bought a white Sony PRS-T1 recently. The case is the same white as Jetbook. You know what? Sony PRS-T1 background (pearl) seems more gray than PRS 650 (same pearl). Impossibile?!
Ok I compared the two reader face-to-face and I noticed that (obviously) the background are the same: seeing PRS-T1 screen alone seems gray only because of the too white chassis.

I'm not saying Jetbook Color is as white as Sony PRS-650 or T1 (I spent a lot of word about pearl vs triton) but certainly you will agree that the glow-white doesn't help.
Eliminating bias from bezels we have a piece of white laser copy paper, a £69 Kindle and a jetbook Color. I can't read from the jetbook Color in the light levels we have, but I can from the Kindle. Obviously other people's experience varies, and I'm happy for them. I'd love a large format colour eInk tablet I could read comfortably at home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0805.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	654.5 KB
ID:	93687
(click to embiggen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Anyway Andyh, have you developed your idea of to use the "atompub feature" to browse (for example) a book from calibre library?
Nope. As I can't bring myself to read from the device it has sat in the cupboard for the last four months or so. I really must try and sell it...

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote