View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #22
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
What settings are you using because this does not seem to have helped?
Settings? Do you mean on Amazon? Since I only use one device for reading, I usually have whispersync turned off, with the end result being that all archive items are available via the K3, but the apps (K4PC, etc) only show books that were sent to them and then later removed. I did turn it on and sync, but it didn't seem to change anything here so I turned it off.

If you meant calibre settings, nothing special there in terms of Identifiers or "send to device" options except my series plugboards.

I just did a more thorough investigation. I made sure the wireless on the Kindle was on for a while before I did this, just to be sure.

I conveniently have a Reading List for "KFreebies" so I have a subset of books that I know are from Amazon and would be archived there. I went into calibre and drilled down until I had a list of books that:

a) Definitely came from Amazon (on that list)
b) Have an ASIN as the Amazon ID (ID # starting with B00)
c) Are currently on the Kindle

This gave me a subset of 33 books. None of those books show in the Archived Items on the Kindle. So it seems that this works, but perhaps not always?

I feel like there's something missing here. Like there's something that would keep it from working in some cases? I don't know.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote