View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #71
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi 1080 View Post
What, you mean Windows 7? That came out 3 years later and had to be purchased again, so I wouldn't exactly call that a software update. Seriously, Vista was a bad operating system, from start to end. It had much too high system requirements, it was slow, its UAC was badly implemented (“Do you want to do this? Yes? Really? Are you sure? Don't you wanna think about this again? Let's sleep over it, I’m going into hibernate ...”), and, frankly, it was just as unintuitive as any Windows before that.
I don't defend Vista per se. I skipped it and jumped to Windows 7.

By the way, how many times did Apple users have to re-buy their software?

From Mac OS 9 to X? From Power Pc to Intel? From 10.4 to 10.5?

Microsoft tries to hold its backward compatibility. It's clear that this comes with some trade-offs (or usability issues).

Apple on the other hand just said: F**k the customers, we throw all old stuff away. Apple customers apparently like to re-buy everything.

Last edited by joblack; 07-15-2010 at 11:35 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote