View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #70
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Disabling AERO is a great idea. As crazy as it sounds, running Windows 7 Starter on my desktop gives me the best performance of any OS ever. If you can live without wallpaper (I run software, not gaze at my desktop), and watching DVD movies on your computer, Starter is awesome. I use the desktop for Photoshop and music production and some gaming (Bioshock, Fallout...etc) Starter is the fastest and most stable OS I have ever used. Boots up in 30 seconds, no driver issues, great WIFI, just works. It has NEVER crashed, even my Ipad can't say that..... (iPad locked up once, had to re-boot.... reminded me of the old Win 95 days....)
My Win 7 looks still like a Win 2000 and I love it. All these (unnecessary) eyecandy can't be shown to customers - it's embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong, I like a better usability but must it be these AERO stuff. It looks like a GUI for kids.

It's funny - with the old GUI I have more space to work (enabled AERO needs more display space).
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote