View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #68
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
With the argument of the "official communications channel" you would have to be serious about all these arrogant nonsense Steve Jobs was writing from his email account.

Official E-Mail address from the company CEO ...
Yes, that's what I meant be saying that Apple doesn't react correctly. As much as I like a CEO replying to emails, Jobs’s comment about not holding the iPhone 4 that way was absolutely inappropriate. He is the CEO of Apple, he comments on products of his company, so obviously, his statements are somewhat reflecting Apple’s policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
At least Vista problems are solvable by a software update - that's not possible with the iPhone 4 .
What, you mean Windows 7? That came out 3 years later and had to be purchased again, so I wouldn't exactly call that a software update. Seriously, Vista was a bad operating system, from start to end. It had much too high system requirements, it was slow, its UAC was badly implemented (“Do you want to do this? Yes? Really? Are you sure? Don't you wanna think about this again? Let's sleep over it, I’m going into hibernate ...”), and, frankly, it was just as unintuitive as any Windows before that. With the difference that it shuffled the positions of many options just for the sake of pretending to be new. Sure it introduced some great technologies like Direct X 10 and the Enhanced Video Renderer, the font smoothing technique Cleartype got overhauled as well, but eventually it was just not enough to compensate all the things that were just bad. Windows Vista was the product of a complete miss-management, and that clearly shows.

The iPhone 4 problems on the other hand are solvable with a case for 10 bucks, right now. If needed anyway, since not everyone is affected. So I’m not sure if this is really comparable.

Plus, Apple is holding a press conference regarding the iPhone tomorrow and there is indication by iFixIt.com that Apple may already be shipping out modified iPhones which feature a special coating atop of the antennas which reduces the issue.
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote