View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #67
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
At least Vista problems are solvable by a software update - that's not possible with the iPhone 4 .

Anyway, I have skipped Vista completely but now I'm using Windows 7 (disabled AERO and other improvements) and it's working fine.

I like Linux more but as a Windows system Windows 7 is fine.
Disabling AERO is a great idea. As crazy as it sounds, running Windows 7 Starter on my desktop gives me the best performance of any OS ever. If you can live without wallpaper (I run software, not gaze at my desktop), and watching DVD movies on your computer, Starter is awesome. I use the desktop for Photoshop and music production and some gaming (Bioshock, Fallout...etc) Starter is the fastest and most stable OS I have ever used. Boots up in 30 seconds, no driver issues, great WIFI, just works. It has NEVER crashed, even my Ipad can't say that..... (iPad locked up once, had to re-boot.... reminded me of the old Win 95 days....)
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote