View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #37
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Gosh, I feel so left out. When thread was fresh, and pking's post was the last one, I was gonna toss out that I, too, consider a dictionary quite useful. I, too, could have been abused and tossed out with the garbage for not knowing every word in the English language. (I'm not very good as scrabble, either)

Now, I may or may not purchase a reader with a dictionary, but by the time I make the choice, it may be difficult to avoid it and it won't hurt my feelings. But there is no doubt the reader device manufacturers pay attention to the forums, and mentioning how useful one finds a dictionary to be cannot hurt. A few people saying it is a deal-breaker can get even more attention.

Perusing a pd book from the first part of the century, I ran upon two words in the first 25 pages with which I was unfamiliar -- portentous, and nutation. YOU may know what they mean, but I don't. In casual conversation with our (college grad) renters about remodeling the rental house, my wife was recently astounded that they didn't know what a cupboard was, or the meaning of "residual" funds.

So a dictionary may not be critical, but it sure is useful.

Just my 2 cents presented in a $5 wrapper.

eGeezer

(still can't find where to create a signature)
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote