View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #300
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
I was trying to install the screensavers hack in Touch with 5.3.2 firmw. I first installed python 0.2.N, then linkss 0.6.N. All was OK. Then, I created an empty file named cover in the linkss folder. Finally, I restarted framework (from JBPatch utilities).

At first, nothing happens. The screensavers was the default Kindle's ones. I open a pair of books to try to catch the covers, but nothing happens. So I restart framework again. Then, the screensaver began working. But it shows "nothing" (white screen). I restart again, and I get the cover of the first book I opened after installing the patch. After some uses, the screensaver cover changes to the second book I opened.

But I was reading another book!. And after I switched the Kindle ON/OFF a lot of times, the cover of the second book remains, even when I was reading another one.

Anybody knows what's happening?
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote