View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #189
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
There have been success reports. So we know that it CAN work (in some situations). This is all new stuff, so there may be undiscovered dragons that must be slayed before it works reliably for everybody.

I (and others) will have to do this for about 60 (good) demo K3 units I got off eBay. I hope we do not run into this problem.

You (or we) may need to drop down into serial mode to fix this? Not sure yet.

Light is still not green.
I guess there's nothing I can do.
I Followed the directions exactly, up to the "unplug and reboot".

Flash said "successful"
I clicked "quit"
I did not see "safe remove" to click (Is that where I killed it? Didn't safe remove, just unplugged?)

My K3 was a demo unit I was trying to un-demo, so I don't think it was a very unusual situation. I did see a success report that said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
THANK YOU!!! I have followed the guide at the wiki and flashed the Demo 3g Keyboard kindle to the fully functional 3.0.2 firmware!

Took a while for it to reboot after it was flashed, but all is well that ends well.
Same thing, different results.
How'd they fix the boot issue I wonder?

Please forgive my complaining, I can't stop thinking about this.

Be sure to keep us updated on your demo debricking GM, maybe you can discover something.

Last edited by (-_-); 10-04-2012 at 11:32 PM.
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote