View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #31
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I'm REALLY sorry to hear this, as I actually liked the place. I liked that it was not the Llounge. I was okay with the tone - art some points it went perhaps too far, but I knew not to take it personally. I knew to take a breath and perhaps not sprint to the keyboard. Some did, but that's okay with me. It wa also entertaining.

EDIT2: This decision, NOT discussed, is so arrogant! I am SO ANGRY right now.
Ea, we are all sorry to cause you any upset. Upsetting our members is not something that we want to do.
However, Alex found it difficult to ignore the large numbers of messages from other members who agreed with you that things "at some points went too far." We are an ebook and mobilereading site. It may be best to focus on this.

However, I would urge you to consider two things:
1. There is now a "serious" thread prefix in the lounge for members to indicate that they want their thread to remain serious.
2. It is open to you to start a Conservatory social group. Members would be entirely free to join and discuss precisely the same topics as in the Conservatory forum. (To start a social group go to the link marked "community" on the blue bar towards the top of the page.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote