View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Lightbulb Charging the Sony Reader with an EEE

When the reader is plugged into the USB port of a PC, the Connect software must be running on the PC in order to turn on the USB voltage supply to charge the reader. The indication that this is working is the little red light above the power switch on the reader.

I read somewhere that the USB ports on the Asus EEE (tiny Linux laptop) always have the voltage supply turned on when the device is powered up. I decided to try plugging my reader into the EEE's USB to see if the reader's little red charging light would turn on. Sure enough it did. The EEE has no software for the reader, but by downloading books to the EEE and then putting them onto an SD card for the reader, it works fine.

The EEE and the reader thus become good travel companions. I don't have to carry the charger for the reader, nor do I need to carry a Windows laptop.

Last edited by mogui; 06-02-2008 at 08:52 PM.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote